7/26/14

55 Book Questions Part 1:

Diligently Waiting had this tag on her lovely blog, so I decided to do it, too, since it seemed like fun. Alright, here are my answers! :

1: Favorite childhood book?

I think I would have to say Treasures of the Snow, by Patricia St. John.


2: What are you reading right now?

I am going through the Anne of Green Gables series books for the millionth time.

3: What books do you have on request from the library? 

I don't use the library. But I do have books I want to read:  The Hunger Games (since I just saw the movie for the first time), Snow by Cathrine Farnes, and maybe Divergent. Oh, and eventually I want to read Les Miserables.

4: Bad book habit?

 Losing them. It's very distressing.

5: What do you currently have checked out at the library?

See answer to question 3 ^^^ I don't use the library.


6: Do you have an e-reader?

No. But my mom has a kindle and my brother has an e-reader, which I have used before.


7: Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once?

I'm pretty sure I'm a one-at-a-timer, because I just get too emotionally involved with my books to put it down, haha! But I have definitely read more than one at once before. 

8: Have your reading habits changed since starting your blog?

Um..... no.


9: Least favorite book you read this year so far?

The Apple Grove Gang. Actually, I wasn't the one reading it; my mom read it aloud to us kids because she reads books to us. She wanted to pick a younger kid book because of Jackson (8), but it was a bad choice. It sounded like a 12 year old kid wrote it. A 12 year old kid with zero talent, lol.

10: Favorite book you've read this year?

The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle, and The Diary of a Nobody.
(My siblings know I do this one... haha, whenever I tell them,
"Just one more chapter", they say, "You mean five or six?")

 
11. What is your reading comfort zone?

I don't like reading books with a lot language in them, or anything very inappropriate.

12: How often do you read out of your comfort zone?

Not very. I really don't want to step too far out, obviously.

13: Can you read in the car?

NO. I would die in less than five seconds.

14: Favorite place to read?

Stretched out on my bed with my blankets loosely over me and the door to my bedroom closed.

15: What is your policy on book-lending?

I only lend books out if it's someone I trust, although actually I don't have people wanted to read my books very much. But if someone wants to read my books, unless it's a prize book that I don't want ruined, I just make sure the person is careful with it and won't bend the pages.

16: Do you ever dog-ear books?

Sadly, sometimes yes. I am so involved and fascinated in the little book world sometimes that I don't notice how much the pages are getting bent and all that. But I try not to.  

17: Do you ever write in the margins of your books?

Absolutely not!


18: Not even with textbooks?

Again, a resounding NO.


19: What is your favorite language to read in?

 
If I want to know what I'm actually reading..... than English, haha.


 20: So what makes you love a book?

If it makes me cry. I love drama and tragedy. But I love humor and sarcasm laced throughout it. So in other words, if the book makes me laugh, it's a good book. If it makes me cry, it's a really good book. But if it makes me laugh and cry, it's the best.



21: What will inspire you to recommend a book?

I almost never recommend books because I'm always afraid people will be like, "Dude, you like this...? It sucks!"  Haha, yeah, I don't like it when people don't like the books I love. So, yeah. I guess if I was to risk recommending a book, it would be if I thought the book was especially amusing to me.


22: Favorite genre?

Drama I guess.

23: Genre you rarely read but wish you did?

None.

24: Favorite biography? 

I love the book   Zoli's Legacy.  Very depressing, but very very good.

25: Have you ever read a self-help book?

I don't think so.

26: Favorite cookbook?

I don't read cook books unless I have to.

27: Most inspirational book you've read this year (fiction or non-fiction)?

I'm not sure if I have read any especially inspiring books recently, but books I have read that I found inspiring are :  God's Smuggler by , The Cross and The Switchblade by , and Bruchco by



xx




4 comments:

  1. I liked your interview. Just to let you know, we answered your comment on our blog if you wanted to check it out. :)

    For other viewers, check out
    http://aglimpseofhisglories.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI, I'm Bree (from A Glimpse of His glories), using my personal profile. I love designing things (like...blogs!) and was wondering if you wanted a free blog design. If you want anything specific, we'll do that through Email.
    How it works:
    visit http://introducing-inspiration.blogspot.com/
    In the contact form on the right hand side, simply Email me if you want it designed or not. If you want, you can go ahead and tell me what you have in mind for it. I'll even design a header! We'll chat back and forth through Email, and I'll tell you how I do the design.
    This is a great deal. I know some other girls that design blogs, and they charge $10+.
    Just let me know yes or no! :)
    Thx.
    P.S. I <3 ur pix!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are so sweet! Thank you. I would love to let you design my blog! It's very nice of you to offer :)

    ReplyDelete