8/26/14

"New" drawings

I have been drawing a lot lately. But I have shared almost nothing! My excuse? Pure and complete laziness. Gotta be honest, here. :D

But anyways, here are a few :

I did this one the other day. I tried using my prismacolor pencils on black paper for the first time. It turned out .... interesting. I think the only good thing about it is the colorful hair, lol.



And here is Rapunzel. (Not sure if I shared this before, but if I did, sorry). 





 Here is my favorite. 


Here is the poor sketch that put me on the drawing craze. 



And here is one with water color pencils (Prismacolor) that my bestie let me borrow. Well, I thought that this would be pretty easy when my friend first let me borrow them, but.... it is not. :(  I'm still as bad as painting as ever. I would absolutely love to try oil painting, though. I never have tried it, but it sounds like so much fun.


And I saved this one for last....



Katniss Everdeen.  

Can you tell it's her?? 



Anyways, that's all I got.
What about everyone else? Anyone else been drawing lately?


xx

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Your drawings are great!! XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great Samantha!
    I really liked the one with the palm trees. The horse was very good, too.
    Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Annie :) My mom likes the one with palm trees, too.

      Delete
  3. I love your sketches! The Rapunzel one is spot one! Looks so real! :O

    Cathy // HELLO, CATHY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Samantha. So good to know you through your profile on the blogger. I am also glad to stop by your blog "Hearts that Whispher..." and the post on it "New Drawings". Oh! these are so beautiful sketches. The Lord has given you amazing gift of being artist. It is my prayer that you will use your gift of art for bringing glory to Him the creator. You are not a awkward girl but a beautiful creation created in God's image. Well about me, I am in the Pastoral ministry for last 35yrs in the great city of Mumbai, India a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourage young people as well as adults from the West to come to Mumbai on a short / long term missions trip to work with us during their summer/ christmas vacation. We would love to have.you come with your friends to Mumbai during your summer/ christmas vacation to work with us and also spend some time in making the sketches of those poorest of poor to motivate the people who have more to give for such people in need. My daughters name is also Samantha who is adopted from an Orphan background. She was brought up in an Orphanage who do not know her parents. Due to the sudden closure of the Orphanage she became shelterless and the Lord gave us grace to accept her as our third child. She is married now. Well my email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. May the Lord richly bless you.

    ReplyDelete